Installation instructions DLT Starline
DLT Starline grate gutter
The DLT Starline is a drainage channel that consists of a plastic (PVC) channel element with an aluminum design grid. This gutter is used around the home where no traffic tax occurs.
For example, you can drain the water from the DLT Starline drainage gutter to the sewer or infiltration system. This can be done through a side or bottom spout.
By draining the water to an infiltration system you are also working sustainably and improving the water balance of the soil.
1. The DLT Starline has the option of a side and bottom spout. The side outlet is integrated in the end plate, the bottom outlet in a connecting piece. For the bottom outlet, you must drill a Ø45mm hole in the bottom of the gutter using a hole saw. To do this, carefully determine where you want to place the connection coupling piece.
Connect a maximum of 6 meters of DLT Starline drainage gutters to one bottom outlet and a maximum of 5 meters to a side outlet. You can create a stench lock by applying a trap when connecting to the waste water sewer.
2. Make a trench of approx. 15 cm deep for the foundation. The foundation must have a minimum size of 5 cm high and 10 cm wide.
3. Apply stabilized sand in the trench in the ratio 1: 3 - cement: sand. Adjust the mixture to the desired height. Click the connecting pieces around the channel elements and adjust to the correct height. Fill the trench to the bottom of the pavement with sand cement. Always leave the grid in the channel element!
4. Carefully compact the foundation strip around the gutter, leaving the gutter in its original form.
- With new paving we advise you to tension a wire for determining the height level. Always set the grid 3 mm below the wire.
- If you install the gutter in an existing pavement, we recommend that you make a template with the desired height out of wood to be finished.
- When the gutter is laid along an upright wall, the wing of the coupling piece must be cut off on that side.
5. You have the option of cutting the gutter with grid to any desired length by sawing.
6. The end plates are attached to the ends of the gutter string. Due to the difference in expansion coefficient of plastic (gutter) and aluminimum (grid), it is possible that the gutter length deviates slightly from the grid.
7. All plastic parts can be connected to each other watertight using PVC glue.
8. Partly depending on the chosen paving, the gutter on the side will be supplemented with street sand or stabilized sand.